New Year’s resolutions are usually about saving money, getting healthy or helping to make the world a better place. What’s the perfect resolution that does all three: Give up bottled water and drink tap water instead. In a world of sky-rocketing prices on everything from food to fuel, your tap water remains one of the best bargains around.
- Studies show that bottled water is no purer than tap water, yet bottled water costs almost 2,000% more.
- An 8 ounce glass of water can be refilled approximately 15,000 times for the same price as a six pack of soda.
- At a fraction of a penny per gallon, tap water provides safety, convenience and freedom.
- Less than 1% of the average person’s total personal income is spent on water and wastewater services.
- Your DMWW water bill pays for a lot more than simply water. You get sophisticated water treatment, daily testing and monitoring and a vast underground infrastructure that delivers safe, quality water right to your tap.
- DMWW monitors more than 100 contaminants and must meet almost 90 regulations for water safety and quality.
- DMWW adds small amount of fluoride to your water supply to help prevent tooth decay. Child cavity rates have been greatly reduced.
New Year’s resolutions that involve minor changes to your daily life are the easiest to stick with. While drinking only tap water might be a small step, it’ll have a big impact!