A nature lover’s dream race! The course starts on the east side of Maffitt Lake, near the shoreline. Runners will start up the gravel road and take a right on the doublewide path through a prairie of wildflowers. After two miles, runners enter a short section of single-track trail in the woods near Maffit Drive. At the edge of the lake, runners turn south and run along the scenic shoreline with a few hills sprinkled in. The course continues toward the starting area to enter a shared nature/bridal trail for a short out and back section around the south end of the lake. Runners competing in the 10 Mile Race will complete a second loop.
Registration is available online at www.getmeregistered.com or in person at packet pick-up on Saturday, September 7, or race day from 6:00-7:30 am. In an effort to go green, no paper registrations will be accepted.
$30 by August 1
$35 by September 1
$40 at Packet Pick-up or Race Day
Start and Finish at Maffitt Lake, 12460 Maffitt Lake Road, Cumming, Iowa, 50061. Be prepared for a cross-country style, dirt, gravel and grass trail race.
- Both the 5 and 10 Mile Races will begin promptly at 8:00 am
- The 5 Mile Race will complete the course once and those competing in the 10 Mile Race will complete the course twice.
- Walkers may participate and encouraged to register for the 5 Mile Race.
- The course will remain open for 2 ½ hours.
- Proceeds from this race will be used to purchase signage for Des Moines’ dirt trail systems.
- Additional information is available at www.capitalstriders.com.
Packets will be available for pick-up on Saturday, September 7, from 2:00-5:00 pm at Active Endeavors, located at 4520 University Avenue, West Des Moines, IA 50266 or on Race Day from 6:30-7:45 am.
Awards will be presented to the overall males and females of the 5 and 10 Mile Races and to the top three runners in each of the following age groups:
10 & Under (5 Mile)
Thank You to our Sponsors: